Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Person Who Did the Back Handspring

They were not very skinny.  The dancers seemed dry.  This tells me that you shouldn't take dance to do things like that.  When I started on MySpace, I saw ads for dancers to get a beep when a dance audition opens up.  I guess that's not for strictly ballerinas.

So, if you do ballet, I guess you should want to do a good performance that people seek out, like get a part in The Nutcracker.  If I go back to ballet, I want to be fit, first, because that way I may succeed.  I'll be able to balance, too.  So, instead, I get more of a workout at the gym, rather than stationing in an easy class at my physical fitness level.

I'm concerned about the community college's dance major.  It's half modern.  I would think it would be a waste of a ballerina's time.

I saw the recital of Orlando Ballet.  I may be able to get into the program for more serious older dancers, though I think it's for high schoolers.  I think, if I can keep up with a younger class, I'd be allowed in.  I honestly know I can make it talent-wise.  It's just the memorizing and stretching that I need to improve.  I did think during my jog I need to do stretches regularly.  I'm trying to eat more healthily.  I had some binges recently, though, but I'm like rotating in spaced out shifts between pizza, hamburgers, and hot dogs.  I also had to finally throw in my dessert.

I feel more encouraged to dance than sing.  I think I will record myself singing today, though.

So, yes, I will try to get in shape, and, when I am, switch to ballet.  I might keep my walking, too, but ballet is a lot of work.  I guess you have to eat right and get enough sleep to get your body going.

The other option would be to be in a movie, but I could mess around in ballet, first, to get experience and gain skills that could carry on into good acting.  I firmly believe it is the dancer's responsibility to dance wisely and in a way that will benefit them in their future.  I'm 26 and feeling healthy.  So, I hope, when I turn 27, I will be ready for ballet!  I do miss things like drawing and will do that, too.  I've done that for fun my whole life, except when I was majoring in music.

...

Okay, so I can actually read into taking this much ballet.  Here, if you want to practice:
orlandoballetschool.org - Then, click on "classes."

Taking the adult classes isn't a good idea.  It's a waste of work-out time.  True, I do nothing, but I sleep a lot these days and my day goes by fast.  Now, I dedicate my time to the internet, posting.  My other big thing now is I need to rearrange my room, the garage.  What's nice is the door's plastered over from previous home owners.

I did take a trial class here, but they decided I shouldn't stay.  Even at one of the minor campuses, they were dedicating time to the students there, like I saw individually training this one girl so she could get into a certain higher class.  This was maybe 6 years ago.  I ended up going to Central Florida Ballet School, which also hosts a professional company.  They offer modern, jazz, lyrical, and tap, as well, I think.  I almost did it but I guess succumbed to just wanting ballet and also wanted to grow.  I probably should have kept going but got a lot better in the end.

I guess taking a break is important.  I find myself wanting to start ballet now.  I would like to take level 2.  I would probably have to find a way to get to the bus, so I'm not sure if I can do it.

You know, though, I just want to know if it's okay.  I mean, it probably is.  They have people starting at 12.  I'm not that tall.

So, I already deduced that an older person doesn't get in the way.  It's just about the feel of a class of all the same age around.  I find that people like me in their class so they can learn from me.  I just need some brushing up, which is also what my ballet teacher in college recommended.  At Central Florida Ballet School, the other school, they just invited me to their adult class, which is during the day, though.  That could work out, as well.

I suppose this seems ideal
Central Florida Ballet School
though I'd feel more comfortable with kids at Orlando Ballet.

I see they have a DVD.
Intermediate & Advanced Ballet
I still would feel better at Orlando Ballet with the kids!

I just did some pliés in different positions and almost fell over!  I'm not fat fat.  So I Think I Can Dance.

I don't want to be a bad influence if I'm fatter, but I do look like a real person and look more polished than before.

It's funny I don't feel like eating too much now.  I didn't go to the gym but jogged outside for an hour and a half, which is my usual scheduled route.

No comments:

Post a Comment