Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ballet, Drama, or Swim

I'm having a hard time deciding what I should have done.  In drama, it was even strange if you sang.  College drama is very different, as well.  Where I'm from, it was more popular to work backstage.  Non-drama majors were the actors, often.  As for working out, swim must be fun, but I think I'd rather just go to the gym and swim on my own accord.  I want to be a film actor, so maybe drama was a good route.  I know, instead of piano, I could have done drama.  I feel like a more interesting person to have done different things growing up and then came to realize my joy for drama.  I'm 26, now, though.  I'm guessing the community college is serving as a haven for recent high school graduates.  I'm working out a lot and trying to get back on my diet.  I'm hoping that will get me to be a film actor.  I'm sad I didn't take the Miami offer to model, but I was still catching up on sleep.  It's too bad because I was 22.  So, that was 2008.  That's 4 years ago.  That would have helped me out.  I guess, now, I more want to be just a film actor.  I got the Miami offer on MySpace.  It's sad to think I'm too old to be a model.  They would have helped me move up to become an actor, they said.  I was even asked about music, if I knew anyone, but I wasn't ready, myself.  A big producer in the area asked me.  He was African-American.  I also lost contact with a boy who I felt I got on well with, but he never asked me back like other people did when I changed my MySpace and I lost the link to his MySpace.  I did ballet kind of just in case but was doing other things on the side.  I ended up being told not to take voice in college because I was too shy but still encouraged in ballet.  Now, I'm out of ballet, partly because it doesn't serve me well at 26.  I still like singing, but I'm not as serious as a pro, I have to admit.  I could be, but I've been having rough times.  It's hard to tell what's kept me up all night.  It's basically a time issue, with the singing.  I have time.  I guess the thing is I have to focus on certain things.  I'm getting thinner, but I don't really look like a model.  That's what makes me interesting, though.  I have gotten taller, though.  I need to lose my double chin and the fat around my stomach and thighs and all over at least some.  I pretty much benefited from all my different experiences and managed to also lead a well-balanced life, though I could have done more and not worried about things.  In a way, I wish I didn't do any activities, except maybe drama.  It's a social activity for high schoolers and even grade schoolers.  I did have fun singing in choir.  It seems to have lost its luster.  Ever since I went to college, things from before didn't seem as serious, though they were deterrents in my life.  Ballet is healthy, but sometimes it seems like too much.  I did feel better in the adult class but ended up going back with some girls a bit younger.  The girls my age left this school.  This school had special community activities and seemed like a place where you live to enjoy dance and were rigid but not like a factory.  I always felt special to do ballet, but I suppose I should not have.  Here's what I wish my schedule was:

High School

APG = Advanced Placement|Gifted
G = Gifted
H = Honors
T = Talented

Freshman
1 - English II - APG
2 - Geometry - G
3 - Biology I - H
4 - World Geography
5 - PE I
6 - Freshman Orientation | Civics
7 - Talented Theater I

Sophomore
1 - English III - APG
2 - Algebra II - G
3 - Biology II
4 - PE I | Health
5 - Free Enterprise |
6 - Talented Theater II
7 -

Junior
1 - English IV - APG
2 - American History - H
3 - Talented Theater III

Senior
1 - Talented Theater IV

College

Freshman

1 - Honors 1st Year Seminar - 3
2 - Honors Interdisciplinary Humanities Seminar - 3
3 - Honors Creative Arts and Cultures - 3
4 - Acting I - 3
5 - Theater History - 3
6 - Play Production - 1
16

1 - Honors English/Literature - 3
2 - Honors History  - 3
3 - Honors Philosophy - 3
4 - Dramatic Imagin - 3
5 - Move Theater Workshop - 3
6 - Play Production - 1
16

Sophomore

1 - Honors Religious Studies - 3
2 - Honors Social Science, including Economics - 3
3 - Honors Mathematics OR MATH A257 - 3
4 - Stagecraft I - 3
5 - Directing - 3
6 - Play Production - 1
16

1 - Honors Natural ScienceOR an NSCI 100+ - 3
2 - Stagecraft II - 3
3 - Vocal Theater Workshop - 3
4 - Theater Arts Elective Sequence I - 3
5 - Theater Arts Elective Sequence I - 3
6 - Play Production - 1
16

Junior

1 - Theater Arts Elective Sequence II - 3
2 - Theater Arts Elective Sequence II - 3
3 - Foreign Language - 3
4 - World Theater 1 - 3
5 - Fine Arts - 3
15


1 - World Theater 2 -  3
2 - Shakespeare - 3
3 - Drama Literature - 3
9

I need 22 credit hours of electives, so I would do the film minor.

1 - How to Read a Film - 3
2 - Studies in American Cinema - 3
3 - Creative Non-Fiction Workshop - 3
4 - Film and the Art of Literary Adaptation - 3
5 - Studies in European Cinema - 3
6 - Screen Power - 3
7 - Ireland Abroad Program - 3 (Summer?)
8 - Special Project - ?
22+
____
110+

I might do this:
http://www.seminolestate.edu/arts/theatre/the-atre.php

Hover the mouse at the bottom center and go to page 318 and look at the bottom left:
http://www.catalog.sdes.ucf.edu/UCFUGRDCatalog1213.pdf

I guess this would get me going.  I might just do the 1st college, though, just get an AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment